General parking opens at 9am. Early bird parking (in lot 43 and 83 off University Drive) opens at 8:00am. A $10.00 per car donation is requested. Cars will be directed to lots at the discretion of police as determined by traffic conditions.
A 2017 VIP hanging parking pass must be presented at the entrance of the VIP Parking areas. The tag must remain displayed in your car at all times.
VIP parking spaces are guaranteed to be available only until 8:00pm on the day of the event. Anyone arriving after 8:00pm may not be given access to a preferred VIP parking space although you can park in any available lot.
VIP A, B, C, D, E and F open at 8am. VIP A, C, and VIP F will have access from Park Ave, VIP E from Porter Road. Entrance to VIP B is via Dauer Rd off University Drive and Porter Rd. VIP D will have access from Porter Rd.
VIP Parking passes are available to the general public beginning May 8th and can be purchased…
- via mail from 4thFest (download VIP Viewing and Parking Mail Order Form)
- at the BJC ticket office
- at all RedLine Speedshine locations
- on-line at Eventbrite
VIP Parking passes can be purchased for $25 on the 4th of July from the VIP parking lot volunteers or at the Information Booth.
|VIP Viewing Pass||$25|
|VIP Parking Pass||$25|
|RV Parking Pass||$50|
2x1 Package: $70
2 VIP Viewing Passes
1 VIP Parking Pass
4x1 Package: $100
4 VIP Viewing Passes
1 VIP Parking Pass
VIP Handicapped Parking ($25.00)
Please note that the special VIP C Handicapped Parking area requires both a VIP Parking Pass and appropriate handicapped vehicle tags or handicapped hanging placard. This special viewing area can accommodate a limited number of vehicles and will be on a first come first serve basis. This parking area is on slightly uneven ground and is grass covered. This provides up close viewing of the fireworks from or near your vehicle. While the VIP C handicapped parking area provides very good viewing of the fireworks please be aware that this lot can take some time to empty after the fireworks are over.
General Handicapped Parking ($10.00)
General handicapped parking will open at 9:30am in upper VIP B (lot 44). Access will be from Porter Road.
Please note: No RV’s or campers will be allowed to park in the handicapped areas.
Motor Homes, Campers, and Oversized Vehicles ($50) over 15 feet in length:
All motor homes, campers, and oversized vehicles will be directed to park in VIP A (stadium west), located on the paved lot next to Beaver Stadium. Please note that in addition to a regular VIP Parking Pass ($25), an additional $25 will be requested at the lot entrance for over sized vehicle parking. A $50 RV pass can be purchased in advance or at the parking lot entrance on July 4th.
Penn State General Regulations on use of University Property can be found at guru.psu.edu/policies/AD57.html.
Lot Opening Times
Stadium west grass and VIP-A (for Firecracker 4K race participants only)
|VIP A (Stadium West) via Park Avenue entranceVIP B from Dauer Road located behind the Bryce Jordan Center or Porter Rd.VIP C entrance from Park Ave. (with limited special handicapped parking)
VIP D entrance from Porter Rd.
VIP E south of Medlar Field off Porter Road
VIP F via Park Avenue
Lot 43 and 83 off University Drive and Hastings Road
OPP off Park Avenue
22 off Park Avenue
Lot 18, 19, 19A behind Ag Arena
Parking & Viewing Map
- Porter Road and Orchard Road will be closed from approximately 8:00 pm until the end of the fireworks.
- Motorists will not be permitted to park along the streets near the stadium, along the Mt. Nittany Expressway, Route 220 (I-99) or Orchard Road.
- Parking restrictions will be enforced and violators will be ticketed and/or towed.
- At approximately 9:40 PM the following traffic pattern will be put into effect until the outbound traffic has cleared.
- Park Avenue will be one-way westbound from Fox Hollow Road to North Atherton Street
- Park Avenue will be one-way eastbound from Fox Hollow Road to Orchard Road
- Porter Road will be one-way southbound from Beaver Stadium to East College Avenue.
- Traffic volume for outbound traffic is expected to be equivalent to that of a Penn State home football game.