General parking opens at 9am. Early bird parking (in lot 43 and 83 off University Drive) opens at 8:00am. A $10.00 per car donation is requested. Cars will be directed to lots at the discretion of police as determined by traffic conditions.
An up-to-date VIP hanging parking pass must be presented at the entrance of the VIP Parking areas. The tag must remain displayed in your car at all times.
VIP parking spaces are guaranteed to be available only until 8:00pm on the day of the event. Anyone arriving after 8:00pm may not be given access to a preferred VIP parking space although you can park in any available lot. Vehicles must be moved from parking lots no later than 6 AM on July 5th.
VIP Parking passes are available to the general public and can be purchased via the following:
VIP Parking passes can be purchased on the 4th of July for $25 on the 4th of July from the VIP parking lot volunteers and at the VIP ticket sales table in the information booth, located near the BJC.
|VIP Viewing Pass||$25|
|VIP Parking Pass||$25|
|RV Parking Pass||$50|
2x1 Package: $70
2 VIP Viewing Passes
1 VIP Parking Pass
4x1 Package: $100
4 VIP Viewing Passes
1 VIP Parking Pass
VIP Handicapped Parking ($20.00)
Please note that the special Orange O-7 VIP Handicapped Parking area requires both a VIP Parking Pass and appropriate handicapped vehicle tags or handicapped hanging placard. This special viewing area can accommodate a limited number of vehicles and will be on a first come first serve basis. This parking area is on slightly uneven ground and is grass covered. This provides up close viewing of the fireworks from or near your vehicle. While the Orange O-7 VIP handicapped parking area provides very good viewing of the fireworks please be aware that this lot can take some time to empty after the fireworks are over.
General Handicapped Parking ($10.00)
General handicapped parking will open at 9:30am in upper Jordan East ADA. Access will be from Porter Road.
Please note: No RV’s or campers will be allowed to park in the handicapped areas.
Motor Homes, Campers, and Oversized Vehicles ($50) over 15 feet in length:
All motor homes, campers, and oversized vehicles will be directed to park in VIP A (stadium west), located on the paved lot next to Beaver Stadium. Please note that in addition to a regular VIP Parking Pass ($25), an additional $25 will be requested at the lot entrance for over sized vehicle parking. A $50 RV pass can be purchased in advance or at the parking lot entrance on July 4th.
Penn State General Regulations on use of University Property can be found at guru.psu.edu/policies/AD57.html.
Lot Opening Times
Stadium West (for Firecracker 4K race participants only)
|Stadium West via Park Avenue entranceVIP B from Dauer Road located behind the Bryce Jordan Center or Porter Rd.
Orange O-6 entrance from Park Ave. Limited special handicapped parking in Orange O-7 ADA.
Porter VIP entrance from Porter Rd.
Blue VIP south of Medlar Field off Porter Road
Orange O-4 VIP via Park Avenue
Student 1 and 2 (off University Drive and Hastings Road)
OPP off Park Avenue
Orange O-5 off Park Avenue
Orange O-1 and Orange O-2 behind Ag Arena
Parking & Viewing Map
- Porter Road and Orchard Road will be closed from approximately 8:00 pm until the end of the fireworks.
- Motorists will not be permitted to park along the streets near the stadium, along the Mt. Nittany Expressway, Route 220 (I-99) or Orchard Road.
- Parking restrictions will be enforced and violators will be ticketed and/or towed.
- At approximately 9:40 PM the following traffic pattern will be put into effect until the outbound traffic has cleared.
- Park Avenue will be one-way westbound from Fox Hollow Road to North Atherton Street
- Park Avenue will be one-way eastbound from Fox Hollow Road to Orchard Road
- Porter Road will be one-way southbound from Beaver Stadium to East College Avenue.
- Traffic volume for outbound traffic is expected to be equivalent to that of a Penn State home football game.